Friday, June 15, 2018

Deadheading

Florentine Silk
Adobe

Thornbird

 I helped deadhead the iris at McCrory Gardens yesterday morning  I'm trying to learn names but I can only remember so many a week.  Late last summer I helped plant 80 some varieties, many are blooming now,  next year they will be much thicker with blooms.  The lower petals stand out like a dancers tutu with the newer varieties, the older varieties drape like a formal gown.  I can't decide which I like best.........loving them all  --Ann--
P.S.  I got my first gramma scam phone call yesterday.  I said I don't have any grandkids so you can't scam me.  It was an all zero number he sounded like he was about 40! grow up and get a real job.

3 comments:

Ramona said...

The iris are beautiful...one of my favorite flowers. I bought a whistle to use when “Microsoft” calls about my computer problems. They ask for my husband, who has nothing to do with the computer and it’s all in my name. It’s funny....since I’ve had the whistle, they haven’t called at all. I did make sure it isn’t illegal to use one on the phone. Two friends parents have been caught up in that scam and it’s taken hours and hours to change bank accounts, etc. So frustrating.

Deb said...

Love all the iris's! The scams are never ending - glad you didn't fall for it. Lately they've been using local phone numbers to "fool" us.

Judy S. said...

That's a really big job! Those sure are pretty flowers. Thanks for posting on my blog!