Friday, September 28, 2018

another bear




 While knitting the teddy bears a couple weeks ago with darling daughter I thought I could knit a teddy bear in the round.  There are patterns out there but I made it up as I went.  I started by knitting a very small pair of socks toe up and turned the heel then knit long legs.  I  added a couple stitches in the crotch and knit the bottom of the torso just like the leg of one sock.  I even knit a heel for his little butt so the bear could sit.  Some increases for the tummy,  split the front and back for the arms, joined for the shoulders with a couple decreases and knit in the round for the head.  I picked up stitches for the arms and did some short rows to shape the shoulders like a sleeve then decreased the arms like the finger of a glove.  Stuffed him and did the kitchner stitch to close the head.  I'm not very good at that which is why I knit socks from the toe up.  I thought he needed a neck so I did a running stitch around and pulled it tight.  Stitch across the ears and added a face with black yarn.  It was fun to do but I'm not going to go into production or write out the pattern.  Just using up some leftover sock yarn.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

He sure is cute! You did a great job creating him as you went along.