Friday, September 21, 2018

Reading list #4 2018

Someone asked me how I get so much reading done and the answer is dust.  I would rather read than dust.  We are moving again and just started the process of selling our house so it has to be show ready all the time.  So I cleaned and dusted and dusted and you know how when you are using a dusting cloth on the corners of furniture you leave a whole bunch of white stuff as you turn the corner........and you wipe and wipe and wipe some more before you finally get it all..........well if I would dust more often I wouldn't have that problem.  As I was dusting because it is such a mindless task I was thinking of things to blog about so disclaimer the photo was staged with flour not dust because I got rid of all my dust.  Ha
  1. The Stranger from the Sea by Winston Graham book 8 in the series takes place in 1810-1811, ten years after the previous book. The Poldark children are young adults.
  2. In Plain Sight be CJ Box more adventures of the game warden in Wyoming
  3. What Will Be Will Be by Jean Grainger I have liked her other books better
  4. The Paris Time Capsule by Ella Carey a contemporary setting and WWII Paris
  5. The House at Riverton by Kate Morgan for book club but I missed the discussion
  6. Free Fire by C.J. Box more murder and mayhem for the game warden in Yellowstone Park
  7. The Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan taking chances and career changes
  8. The Eagle Tree by Ned Hayes for book club about a boy with asperger autism
  9. Blood Trail by C.J. Box yeah I'm hooked on CJ Box
  10. The Knitters Book of Yarn by Clara Parkes. Everything you will ever want to know about yarn, the characteristics of yarn from different animals as well as different breeds of sheep, the way yarn is dyed, spun and plyed, and how the characteristics influence the finished product. Lots of things to think about when choosing the best yarn for a project.  Why some yarns are inexpensive and why the end result looks like it does. You get what you pay for. Never skimp on good quality yarn.
  11. The Way Home Keeps Getting Longer and Longer by Fredrick Backman short story about aging and memories.
  12. Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Greg Gilmore growing up as a preachers daughter and leaving home 
  13. Below Zero by CJ Box book #9
  14. A Sound Among the Trees by Susan Meissner Civil war and present day 
  15. Big Stone Gap by Adrianna Trigiani about loss and family secrets and finding roots
Ready to start a new reading list until I dust again. --Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Are you staying in your area or moving away? Your list of books has some good sounding reads on it. I’ve been listening to books on my iPad while I sew, drive, etc and am really enjoying that. Dusting is no fun for sure!

cityquilter grace said...

thanks for the list...i like cjbox too!