Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Last road trip knitting

I knit from the marker up on the last road trip.  The first thing I did was k1, p1 when I should have p1, k1 so I continued alternating those two row as I increased for the gusset.  On the way home I started knitting on the leg and decided to do a 2 x 2 basket weave pattern.  K2, p2 for 2 rows then a plain knit row, p2, k2 for 2 rows and another plain knit row.  It was easier when there were bumps in the road.  Finally I can see a change in the color of the yarn.  The red sock has a light blue yarn that eventually turned to navy,  on the other sock the navy has turned to light blue and the red has become pink maybe by the time I get to the cuff I will be in the light blue section of the ball and out of the predominantly red section of the yarn on the other sock.  I had no idea the color changes were so long in this skein.  Hoping to stay home for a few weeks to work on other projects.  --Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Looking good! Love the yarn.

Judy S. said...

Fun socks! Are they both from the same yarn?