Thursday, July 18, 2019

War is over

I won the first battle but then the pair decided their nest would look good on top of the down spout about 10 feet away.  They worked all day, when it was cooled off in the evening hubby knocked it down and hung monfiliment  line on both sides of the down spout.  The little birds were cautious the first time then boldly went through it with mud and grass.  I watched them while I drank my coffee I thought they just brought mud in their beak but they swallow it and regurgitate it, their little bodies convulse as it comes up.  We were gone all day so they  worked uninterrupted.  Hubby took it down again.  Who is more stubborn me or them?  What else can I put up there so they will leave?  aha   I cut a plastic grocery bag into strips more like a long fringe and left the seam intact so hubby could tape it right above the down spout.  They haven't been back.    --Ann--

No comments: