Friday, September 27, 2019

On the needles

No new projects in the last couple of weeks. The only progress lately has been on the needles, hubby dear has been going to wellness at 5:30 am why anyone who has retired needs to get up that early is beyond me. It was a happy day when I didn’t have to get kids up for school. Anyway he is up at a ridiculous hour then he needs to nap half the afternoon and he likes to nap downstairs so there goes my afternoon of sewing. He’s napping at the far end of my sewing space. Now this hasn’t been all bad because the days have been sunny and a delight to sit on the deck and read as you could see by yesterdays reading list, or I sit on the deck and knit. I should be done with this sweater but started a wrap for me for son's wedding next weekend because the weather is turning cooler especially as the sun goes down.
The pattern is Nelia by designer Ambah O'Brien.  I bought the yarn in Germany last summer.  Its just knitting with an occasional eyelet row and a central double decrease.  I goofed early in the pattern and knit 10 rows in the eyelet section rather than 8 but I decided who would know so I continued and there are some sections with 12 rows.  Its not for 4-H and the focus will be on the bride and groom not my irregular rows of eyelet.  I plan to have it done and blocked early next week.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

It's going to be beautiful! And it looks so soft. What color is your dress?