Monday, September 30, 2019

Little people and the land of lost things







One of the few things I got done while hubby was off fishing earlier in the month was painting these little people. I carved them 5 or 6 years ago and I just kept moving them from spot to spot when I was looking for something in my creative resources and projects c.r.a.p. closet, it could also be called the land of misplaced or lost things.  I was looking for some little votive jars to decorate the rehersal dinner tables and could not find them.  I looked in all the sensible places where I might have put them since the last move but then I couldn't remember seeing them since 2 moves ago and I knew exactly where they were in that house. Where did I put them?  Did I move them? To get the brain worm out of my head, does that ever happen to you, I can't stop looking for something until I find it like some musical tune you can't get out of your head.  So I pulled these little guys out and the paints and painted them and it didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would.  Then I enjoyed an afternoon on the deck in the sun with the paste floor wax buffing them.  When I put things back in the magical closet of disappearing and reappearing things I say that because the next time I am tearing things apart looking for the latest misplaced item I will find what I was looking for the last time I dug through all the baskets, boxes and totes.  Anyway what I found was the little glass yogurt jars that were extra when I sorted my buttons last fall.  They are the perfect size for a votive or tea light. And I have an excuse to eat more of that delicious yogurt.  --Ann--

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love this post! Your precious and adorable little people have knowing grins; I suppose they know where the lost things are hiding. Yes, I become obsessed with searching too, you're not alone.

Ramona said...

I am amazed that you carved these little people! The painting doesn't surprise me, but the carving does. They are just adorable. What a great finish you have today. :) It drives me crazy when I can't find something that I know is here. Usually, once the item is replaced, the lost item is found.