Monday, March 22, 2021

A basting day

 




I had a quilt basting day over the weekend.  I pin I don't really baste because it is easier to take pins out as I machine quilt than to untangle the foot from the basting threads.  This sky scape is the backing for the splat quilt DD picked it out and it was not what I was expecting when I unfurled it.  A New York City skyscape with sky.  And the piece of fabric was so big I had no place to spread it out for a picture without a lot of work, so you will just have to take my word for it until it is machine quilted.  I crawled underneath because I had to get a good look at it and then my mind wandered to when I was a little kid making forts out of quilts and blankets and chairs and tables and my kids making forts then I thought about how someday my twin granddaughters will have fun playing under the quilt frame as I am basting them and then making a complicated fort with dozens of quilts and the quilt frame and chairs and moving the table and..............--Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

What a fun backing for your quilt! I look forward to seeing it when it's finished. That plaid one is really speaking to me. Once I move I'm going to have to do something with the shirts I've stashed away. Happy Monday!