Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Another treasure



Another family treasure, this was in my brother's pile then he passed it to me.  The question is who made it and when.  My mother and grandmother frequently pinned notes on things so someone in the future would know something about the items.  No such note on this.  It could have been knit by my mother but I don't remember her working on it and it is too similar to another blanket she knit of the same pattern.  My Grandma Elsie could have knit it but she was a very loose knitter and this is tight.  It also has a fringe and crocheted edge. Grandma Elsie never crocheted that I can remember or added fringes.  I can't remember Grandma Selma ever knitting, she quilted, she made things with pinecones and she did ceramics at different times but no knitting.  However her sister Lillian was a knitter and a rug hooker not the shaggy kind but dense little loop kind of rug hooking. My best guess is that Lillian made it 30 or 40 years ago.  Its a nice size to throw over my legs when I'm reading.   And I'll write a note and pin it to the blanket.             --Ann--


1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Very cool that some of your stuff had notes! Wouldn't it be nice if those "old" things could talk?