Monday, September 13, 2021

Derailed



My brother send me a text last weekend and derailed my whole week.  Our dad passed away 8 years ago so we cleaned out the house to a point because my son moved into it.  Son has since moved out and long discussion as to what to do with the house..........long story short we have a renter so we needed to clear out the rest of the stuff.  Hauling stuff to the pile for the dump, hauling stuff to my car then into my house because its all really good stuff. Then clean the house son owes me a cleaning deposit or at least a big bouquet of flowers for my upcoming birthday really I should get two bouquets. Then sort through the stuff at home and start another pile for the dump.  One of the treasures was this little quilt made by my Grandma, her embroidery and quilting stitches are so tiny and even.  It has a wool batting so it is thick.

 Then I have been going through the family history photo books and scrap books.  The things they did before computers and social media but that is for another day.
 
Darling daughter was home for the weekend and helped look through things a little bit she will have more interest when she is 50. We did take a little diversion to go downtown shopping and out to eat.  Then she downloaded the Broadway musical Come from Away loosely based on the book The Day the World came to Town about Gander, Newfoundland and 9/11.  It was very good. --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Such a precious quilt! My mom is moving, so I’ve been very busy getting her things sorted and packed. It’s a job, for sure! And I agree… 2 bouquets are in order! Nice that you were able to have fun with your DD.