Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Reading list #4 2021


I had a streak going on my kindle of reading 484 days in a row.  I broke that streak when I was helping 2 of my brothers clean out our dad's house.  Then it was time spent sorting through stuff and reading through all the paper bits that Mom, and Grandma saved.  Some evenings I was too worn out to read a book.  My weekly streak is still going but not my daily streak.   Hubby was also off on a hunting adventure so I could spread my piles of save and toss all over the house.  I have reorganized most of it now have have found shelves to store things and maybe someday when everyone feels safe traveling again I will get together with my cousins and we can got through this stuff again and laugh.
I didn't realize how much time I spend reading in the evening while hubby is changing channels.  The latest reading list:

  1. True Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie her first Miss Marple mystery first published in 1930. I’m going to read more of her books
  2. Letters of Freedom by Jean Grainger a rewrite of this book exploring Carmel Sheehan’s character. Then I reread the second book The Future’s Not Ours To See the first 12 or 13 chapters were at the end of her rewritten book so I started there. I really didn’t see that much was added to the story. Maybe if I had read them more recently I would have noticed the additions but I didn’t.
  3. The Four Winds by Kristen Hannah depression era story drought and dust storms west Texas packing up and moving to California. Very good
  4. A Legacy of Murder by Connie Berry book 2 American antique dealer goes to England to visit her daughter and gets mixed up in a murder mystery.
  5. Murder in Nice by Susan Kiernan-Lewis murder mystery with lots of twists in Nice France.
  6. Accept My Word by Linda  Hubalek western romance takes place in 1890 in western Kansas, short feel good story
  7. Lyme by Mary Beth Pfeiffer about spreading  tick born infections and our changing climate
  8. The Children’s Blizzard by Melanie Benjamin fiction blizzard in Dakota Territory and Nebraska in 1888.  for book club
  9. A Dangerous Place by Jacqueline Winspear Maisie Dobbs mystery book 11.
  10. My Cousin Rachel by Daphne DuMaurier great story and writing. Every word was important. 
  11. Spindle City by Jotham Burrello about the textile industry in New England in early 1900’s. Not a great read. 
  12. The Long Haul by Finn Murphy for book club, non fiction about long distanct truckers specifically movers.  This was particularly interesting to me because I have been moved four times by professional movers.  Only one mover had some negative hiccups.
  13. Journey to Munich by Jacqueline Winspear Maisie Dobbs mystery book 12
  14. All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot this has been my book to read to keep my kindle reading streak going because each chapter is more like a short story.
  15. Blame it on Scotland by Patience Griffin romance, quilters, woolen mill sounded like a perfect story a young woman is on an errand to return a quilt to her mother's cousin in Scotland,  I was looking forward to some family history but it was mostly about the hot and cold romance with the guy in the kilt. disappointing.

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Looks like you've read some fun books; I've been doing lots of reading and knitting lately, too.

Ramona said...

There have been a number of days with all of the moves I've been involved with this year that I was too tired to read even a paragraph. I always feel bad when that happens. Thanks for the great book suggestions!