Monday, January 31, 2022

Bow Ties


Some days and weeks are just not all that blog worthy. I spent a day or two in my sewing room doing math figuring what size strips and how many I need for a couple different quilts.  I did that months ago but my notes didn't make much sense last week.   Then I did some cutting and pressing because cutting flat fabrics works so much better than fabrics with wrinkles.  Anyway slow slow progress on sewing bow tie blocks,  I had to consult my own blog on how to sew them  click  I learned some tricks and what worked best for me and I did try every possible way of sewing them together in 2015.  I have been cutting plaids and finding that just one or two of each plaid for a bow tie is enough.  The colors and values are going to transition from dark to light with a round of bow ties with dark background for the border. It is barely putting a dent in my stack of plaids.  Ten more blocks for the center and 30 for the border..............Hope you are staying warm   -- Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

You have such wonderful plaids. I need to get my bin of mens' shirt pieces out of my "annex" (the attic) and do something with those. I like where your bowties are going. :)

Judy S. said...

Love it! It's warmer here and finally looks a bit drier than usual. I always enjoy seeing your projects.