Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Off the needles



 A little fast scarf, knit on size 11 needles so it did knit fast.  I wanted a reversible scarf you know that looks good or the same on both sides.  This is Churchmouse Yarns and Teas  Reversible Neck Wrap and Scarf.  Its is knit with a knit 1, purl 1 ribbing and cables front and back for the braided cable.  It was much simpler than it sounds and fast.  I used the yarn that DIL found in New Zealand two years ago its merino wool and possum fur.  NZ possums are different than North American opossums.  They are furrier and a nuisance because they have no natural predators all they do is eat and destroy crops.  I don't know how the fur is harvested but it is very soft and very warm, occasionally I would come to a  tiny clump of fur that didn't get spun into the yarn thats what that little white tuft is.  Looking forward to wearing it.  --Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Beautiful finish! I had no idea possums had fur long enough to spin.

Judy S. said...

Lovely scarf! I especially like those beautiful cables!