Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Sewing time

 

The mess from last year is still on the table in the sewing room, I go downstairs and look at it and where should I start?????  I was cutting all my plaids into strips an parts for a couple different quilts but not enough of any one to make a day of sewing.........  I like my scraps well mixed like a good soup with lots of vegetables and lots of flavor.  Some times I need instant gratification so I pressed my poppies and looked at the book for border instructions, they didn't make much sense since I made this smaller than the instructions so settle on some measurements that will work and get busy cutting.  Then a little time sewing  time.  That felt so good just putting two pieces of fabric together then four then eight then sixteen and check to see how many more I need............and it was time to make supper.  Tomorrow I'll get it together.  --Ann--

3 comments:

Ramona said...

These poppies are wonderful! I just love all of your plaid and striped fabrics in this one. I'm like you right now.... I just need to sew!

cityquilter grace said...

liking this a lot...very nice!

Nancy said...

Your poppies are delightful. I'm looking forward to the next steps!