Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Scrap Pile VI

Buzz Saw is all plaids and stripes, mostly homespuns.

private collection

Large half square triangles were sewn together then 2 1/2 inch strip were cut from the half squares. The strips were rearranged in reverse order then sewn back together with the addition of another 2 1/2 inch strip to make it square again.

The buzz saws just called for sun faces and mandala designs in the quilting.

No two buzz saws are quilted the same.
quilting on the back
private collection

chalk lines for quilting the sun faces
Another version of the Buzz Saw because I cut twice as many squares for HST as I needed.  I goofed on this quilt big time. I learned you have to pay attention to how you place the HST on the cutting board. All diagonals need to be the same upper left to lower right and always cut vertically. I cut my second group of 4 HST horizontally so my spin was opposite the first buzz saw, then the smaller "buzz saw" became a horizontal arrangement or a vertical. I had to repeat my mistake so it would be symmetrical. And the funny thing is this was the second quilt. The first quilt was easy because I
read and followed  the directions. I tried to do the second quilt from memory a couple years later and oops!!!!!





Learning from my mistakes,
Ann

2 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

I think every quilt we make teaches us something! Really like the quilting designs...

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the quilting on your buzz saw quilts!