Monday, May 14, 2012

I have been working hard on my vegetable garden the past week. The sunny warm days of March were nice but the weeds wasted no time in growing. so had to rid the garden of  six weeks worth of weeds before I could begin planting. It is a long way from picture worthy except for the strawberry blossoms. I picked up 6 bags of top soil from the garden center and bought bedding plants. I was so glad I only bought 6 bags instead of 10. They were heavy and after I carried them to the various flower beds and got the tools out of the shed I noticed the red wagon which I thought disappeared a couple moves ago it would have made carrying the bags so much easier  but it was wedged in behind the snow blower and the riding mower. I would have had to move the riding mower which I don't know how to start and I have no intention of learning how to start it because I have no intention of learning how to use it.  I got my dirt worked up and planted pansies and violas. There can never be to many of either. I also planted snapdragons petunias.  My Lily of the Valley are blooming and a Mourning Cloak butterfly was enjoying the sunny day as much as I was.
---Ann

1 comment:

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Beautiful pictures! I love May flowers!