Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Scrap bags



listed on etsy

While my computer was out I sewed more coil bags and sewed more and wrote a  few blog posts in my head.  My woodcarving tools are all in one basket now  much cuter than the shoe box they were in and easier to grab to take outside with my cup of coffee. I still haven't used all the 1/2 inch strips of fabric I cut for the first bag but then I find a little more of something that fits the color palate and I cut away. I've gone through almost 500 feet of cotton clothesline, 2 short 1200 yard spools of thread and a couple partial spools of machine quilting thread and only 1 needle broke. The only thing more fun than buying new fabric is using it up completely!

Scrap Happy,   Ann

3 comments:

Loretta said...

What is the name of your etsy store...or how could I find these on etsy?
They are very nice!

Linda Kittmer said...

These are beautiful. I have made them in the past, and you've just inspired me to make another one! Thanks Ann.

Kathleen said...

I just want to say hello and tell you how much I'm loving your blog. I think I found you via Ravelry one way or another. I'm wanting to knit some socks. I've knit three pairs over the last 18 months or so and am ready to do more. That is, as soon as I've finished the blanket I'm crocheting.

I absolutely love your coil bags, and your quilts. They are gorgeous. I'd better get on with some housework now but I'll be back later.

Kathleen.