Wednesday, August 8, 2012

shopping Ireland

What is a vacation without a little shopping but to go to a grocery store? I think it is fun to visit grocery stores in other places to get a peek at everyday life. All the produce was fresh with place of origin labeling.  Peppers, garlic, ginger, onions, cucumbers, mushrooms,
  lettuce, (31 years ago they did not have iceberg lettuce, it was all buttercrunch) tomatoes
broccoli, celery, turnips, butternut squash, turnips called swedes, carrots
  cabbage (none of those anemic pale green heads that we have) and it was really good boiled and served with bacon,
and heat and serve potatoes, turnips, parsnips, carrots and sweet potatoes.  I can't believe I didn't take a pic of new potatoes, there were lots of stands along the road selling new potatoes and lots of varieties.
Breads and yes those are pancakes in packages and in the display counter we had cold pancakes with butter and jam with mid morning tea. It was good.

All that tea and the quantity in  the bag! Coffee and coffee drinks all instant; the kettle is always hot for tea so if you don't want tea you have instant.

Fresh fish

And chocolate shoes.

































                                       Then a quick stop in my cousin's favorite ladies clothing store. This is where I bought my red shoes. If my kids ever get married I want to go back to Ireland for my mother-of-the-bride or groom dress and a hat or a fascinator. Aren't they grand?!?  -Ann-

No comments: