Monday, July 22, 2013

Design Wall Monday

 Last week I began work on quilt number 3 for my country school classmate. This one is to have more blue in it. The log cabin blocks are sewn. I do love the barn raising configuration of log cabin blocks. I like to put blocks up on the wall as I work to see what colors I need more or less of. Sometimes a little bit of one color or print goes a long way and others just blend in anywhere they are placed.
 On to the fan blocks I need thirty-two of them also. Five 18 degree wedges for each block.
Here are all the parts except the black quarter circle of the fan point. I think I have them arranged with colors and prints distributed evenly across the quilt top. There might be a few changes. The red plaid, the medium blue with the red flower, and the navy floral are three of the fabrics that stand out for me and I feel like they are scattered evenly. The purples and golden browns are pretty even too. Next I sew all those curves and squaring up, then sew the rows and on to the borders. Check out what is happening at Judy's Design Wall Monday.--Ann--

4 comments:

Chris said...

WOW. That looks great.

Susan Torrens said...

I love the combination of the log cabin and fan blocks!

Barb in Mi said...

Wow, yes: I do love the block combo - and your colors!

Sue Daurio said...

Wow those look great together! That really caught my eye. Love the log cabins with curved blocks.