Tuesday, July 9, 2013

reading

The  last book I finished was The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh it was a wonderful story about a girl growing up in foster and group homes. In one foster home she learns the Victorian language of flowers.  She has trust issues and self esteem issues but overcomes many obstacles.  I don't want to tell too much and spoil the twists and turns of the story. I am a very visual person so of course I am posting photos of my flowers......Hollyhocks ...ambition.
Day lily....... coquetry
white poppy........ consolation
Bellflower........ constancy
  1. 8 Sandpiper Way  by Debbie Macomber
  2. Tie Died A Quilting Cozy by Carol Dean Jones
  3. Cathedral Windows by Clare O'Donohue
  4. Quilt by Association by Arlene Sachitano
  5. The House I Loved by Tatiana Rosney a story about modernizing the great cities of France
  6. Thursdays at Eight by Debbie Macomber
  7. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant for book club story from the Old Testament
  8. 92 Pacific Boulevard by Debbie Macomber
  9. 1022 Evergreen Place by Debbie Macomber
  10. 1105 Yakima Street by Debbie Macomber
  11. 1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber  finished the Cedar Cove Series now on to other books
  12. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald for book club
  13. The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg non fiction
  14. The Long Shining Water by Danille Sosin for book club 4 stories in one about Lake Superior
  15. The Aloha Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
  16. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
Starting a new list of books and looking at my flowers from a different point of view.  My top priority in choosing flowers for my garden is what will thrive on the wind blown prairie and survive our weather extremes.--Ann--

No comments: