Thursday, July 2, 2015

out of the cupboard Pastel Series I





Another very small quilt out of the cupboard.  This is frequently mistaken for 1930's fabric but it is not.  All of these fabrics are from the late 1980's and early 1990's. I think that when quilt designers took over the fabric industry we lost "the feel of the era" with fabrics.  We can't glance at a quilt anymore and know from which decade the prints and colors came. Some of these  scraps are from dresses I made for my daughter. The pin wheels were sewn with some goofy technique using rectangles, I think it involved marking a line, sewing on either side of the line then cutting. I much prefer the easy angle for half square triangles.  It is 16 inches square, the pin wheels are 1 3/4 inches square so the HSTs are 7/8 inches. This begins a month long series of pastel quilts from fabrics of the late 1980's to 1990's on the "T" days.  --Ann--

No comments: