Thursday, March 17, 2016

Happy Saint Patrick's Day


 Happy Saint Patrick's Day! I've been plugging away at this quilt for weeks now and better to do it right than fast so it is not finished for Saint Patrick's Day 2016.  Next year it will be hanging on the wall. I'm going to keep at it until it is finished.    I figured if I cut the pattern along the outside stitching line I wouldn't have so much paper to pick and I could place the points on the  seams. I quilted the first Celtic knot.  So far so good.........only 17 more to go.
 And the back, I chose this green with the little hexagon design because it reminds me of the Giant's Causeway on the north coast of Ireland.  Hexagon shaped pillars or stone, legend says they were built by the giant Fin McCool.


 And Celtic knot number 2! had a problem with the tension I didn't see it because of the paper I was stitching through.  Fortunately it was easy to remove and left a scar so easy re-stitching.
 A Celtic Cross with a Celtic knot
A happy, generous nature, a friendly spirit too - these are the gifts Saint Patrick has surely given you - and may every day to come bring a generous part of all the happy things in life that keep joy in your heart.  an Irish Blessing
--Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Your quilted Celtic Knot is beautiful... perfect for your quilt. The Giant's Causeway is one of the neatest things I've seen. What great fabric for the backing! Love it. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sharon said...

I love your St Patrick quilt and the quilting is so perfect for it.