Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Pink and yellow


Pink and yellow is one of my favorite color combinations.  I had short strips left from the pink fan (click) and log cabin quilt I cut a few yellow strips and made shoo fly blocks then I discovered my short strips of pink were so short that I couldn't sew 4 strips around each block.   Rip, rip, rip on the yellow blocks to make them all mis matched instead of oops I ran out of fabric.  At first I thought a straight set then after playing with the blocks and auditioning several best supporting fabrics, yea sometimes I think of my fabrics  like I'm casting actors in my quilt. Or I look at my fabrics and think that would be so and so from this movies and that movie.  I thought on point was best. Spring has been playing hide and seek with winter, its a good day to sew.--Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Such pretty, springy blocks and fabrics. I like the on point setting, too. It's going to be one pretty quilt!