Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Dolly Quilt




I needed a gift for a five year old girl over the weekend.  She loves her dollies.  I pulled out a bag of pastel scraps, odd bits leftover from other quilts and found a few  4 patches and parts for more 4 patches, all I had to do was cut 2 1/2 inch alternating squares and setting triangles from fabric that  was also in the bag along with strips for the borders and ta da I was finished.  There is always one block that gets turned the wrong way.  I always use flannel instead of batting in doll quilts so the dolly stays wrapped up tight just like a real baby.  It kinda matches the quilt for baby sister.  --Ann--

4 comments:

Terri said...

Such a pretty dolly quilt. Love the colors and the pattern!
Thanks for sharing it.
Hugs

Ramona said...

I never thought to use flannel in a little quilt. It's adorable! And extra wonderful since you used scraps. The fabrics are so soft and calming. Just beautiful.

Sharon said...

I love your little quilt as will a little girl.

Vic in NH said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! I hope that it will be treasured by the big sister.