Monday, August 22, 2016

I'm gonna miss this view

(taken in early summer a couple years ago)

I'm gonna miss this view when I sit on the patio in the morning with my cup of C and get a little vitamin D.  Watching the prairie grasses in the breeze is as mesmerizing as watching the waves on a great body of water.  The moving truck and packers come today.  I have sorted and tossed as much as will fit in the dumpster every week plus a couple trips to the dump with big things and numberous trips to the places that take used items.  And I spent a couple evenings with the chimnaria burning papers because we had a little rain and there was no wind those nights.  It was very liberating to watch old papers and small scraps of fabric burn.  The movers gave us a considerable discount if I would pack my sewing room.  I'm free of old projects and have made a list of things I'm going to do anymore:
  1. Calligraphy
  2. Cross stitch
  3. Crafts
  4. Canning
  5. Camping
  6. Composting
  7. Gardening
  8. Collecting containers
  9. ??
  10. ??   
I left 9 and 10 open because I'm sure when I unpack I will look for something and when I can't find it I will add it to the list so then I can refer to the list when I need a reminder that I don't do those things anymore.  Odd most start with the letter C  the only C thing I'm keeping is Coffee.  I could just say I don't do C things anymore,  kinda like the guessing game where the cook only cooks peas.   The list will save me time looking for stuff!

I'm simplifying and specializing  I will still 
1) Quilt  2) Knit  3) Needlepoint  4)  Sketch  5)  Read.  Isn't 5 really enough things to do?!?

The movers will pack the rest of the house the books, needlepoint and baskets of yarn and necessities they will all put in a box labeled living room so when I start to unpack I can put all those things right back by my favorite chair.  I'll pack the socks I'm working on in my overnight bag.  I'm ready!
The next post will be of my new front door.  --Ann--





4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

when i started quilting in 1979 gave up lot of crafty endeavors incl knitting, crocheting...now only occasional cross-stitch and mostly quilting of course! good luck with the move!

Ramona said...

Safe travels as you head to your new home. You do have a beautiful view there. Peace to you.

Vic in NH said...

May your new living space bring you new joys.

Judy S. said...

Hi Ann,

Somehow I missed that you were moving! Where are you headed? Sounds like you really downsized? Safe travels and enjoy your new place!