Wednesday, March 29, 2017

final arrangement

I spent hours on Monday trimming the log cabin blocks and then arranging and rearranging them on the wall.  Yesterday I didn't look at it at all then this morning I studied it over my second cup of coffee.  I moved some blocks mentally which lead to another mental move and another kinda like playing chess if I knew how to play chess. Maybe I would be good at chess but I would have to tape a piece of fabric to the top of each chess figure since I think in color and pattern not rank of the playing pieces. The king would be a loud plaid, the queen a beautiful floral......... I didn't actually move any log cabin or fan blocks so I put some of the background fabrics up and this is how it is going to be.  The outside round of blocks is going to hang over the edge of the bed thats almost half of the blocks will not be seen straight on like on the design wall.  I will start sewing the curves after lunch.  Things always go together better on a full tummy.   Another gloomy getting-to-the-end-of-March day here and a good day to sew.  --Ann--

3 comments:

Raewyn said...

It looks great! The time spent rearranging was worth it - from here it looks like a really good spread of colours! Happy sewing :-)

Ramona said...

Great quilt! The colors seem to be evenly distributed... my eye doesn't get stuck anywhere. It sounds like it's a good day to sew at your house.

Lori said...

The chess analogy really had me chuckling! Chess pieces with fabric taped to them. Instead of white and black--would they be prints vrs solids?