Friday, March 24, 2017

On and off the needles




Three finishes and a start since my last OTN.  Socks are done! sweater is done! and scarf is done!  There may be another day chilly enough that I will wear my down coat and cozy scarf and hat and gloves.  And I see a spot on my coat.  I started some potluck socks with leftover yarn from three different balls of yarn.  Sometimes I would knit with just one ball of yarn, I worked the toes from both ends of one ball and amazed at how they matched.  The I started another ball on each sock while still working with the yarn from the toes so I would knit a couple rows then switch.  I finally figured out that if I put the ball in the sock and pulled as I knit the 4 strands of yarn didn't tangle as quickly.  Completely using a ball of yarn is as much fun as completely using the fabric in my stash.  How did I get so much done!???  It's basketball season.  The TV goes from a game with guys in black uniforms against guys in white uniforms with red trim then they are in white with blue trim and red uniforms, then we are watching a local game that was played weeks ago, then its on golf, then hockey, then there is some guy watching a bear, then the guys picking junk and few more brief stops and we start all over again. That's how I got so much done! hope you are too linking to Judy's OTN  --Ann--

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Great finishes, Ann! And I am right there with you... we go from basketball game to basketball game, with a little golf thrown in there at times. As my daughter says... "It's the most wonderful time of the year." We are all college basketball junkies. Happy knitting!

Sharon said...

You socks are wonderful. However, I wonder, don't you save a bit of yarn from each pair of socks for mending in the future?

Dar said...

You have a great pair of socks. I think this trend is catching on with sock knitters. I know I love using up my small amounts too, just as you say it is with fabrics. I'm a scrap quilter from the beginning of my sewing life, so why not socks too.

Lori said...

Love seeing the sock projects.

Sharon said...

Your production level is mind boggling