Friday, April 7, 2017

On the Needles



The second pair of scrap yarn socks are done I think they are the color of jelly beans.  Six balls of scrap yarn went into them.  I immediately started a new pair this time with a new ball of yarn.  And I started a new cardigan for me.  I've knit the pattern before and like the way it fits and I have knit this yarn a couple times before, first it was a shawl which I decided I would never use, then it was a scarf which was too wide and I didn't like it with my dress coat so I ripped again and now its a cardigan.  I saw a sweater pattern using leftover yarn and was going to combine this with a couple other skeins of yarn but after knitting some swatches that wasn't the route to go so I ordered a couple more balls of  yarn and now it will be a cardigan and I am going to love it this time I hope.   There have been some beautiful sunny days here  on the prairie and today is windy it might be a good day to stay in and knit or read or sew or a little of each.   Linking to Judy's OTN  --Ann--

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Your scrappy socks do look like jelly beans! They are great. I have yet to try scrappy socks and need to. Your sweater is going to be gorgeous. Enjoy your sunny days!

Granny said...

What pattern are you using for your scrappy socks? Do you use the same brand/type of yarn or just keep it fingering weight? I love them!

Dar said...

Yes, I too love the look of your scrappy socks and wondered which pattern you used too. Sometimes the busy yarns don't show up a pattern, but you can see it in yours. I love the colors you have in them.

Dar said...

Ann,
I just saw your question to Judy about the short socks. I made that pattern too and mine do stay up in my tennis shoes when I wear them. I love how they fit.

Sharon said...

I also love your jelly beans socks and would love to know the pattern you used.