Wednesday, April 5, 2017

out of the cupboard




Out of the cupboard,  actually off the roller.  This quilt has been rolled up on a cardboard tube for a very long time.  Its fun to see it again.  I don't know why it was banished for so long.  I completed this in 1993.  I remember the piecing was challenging because those narrow trapezoids in the squares did not want to match up with the green around each flower.  I machine quilted in the ditch around each flower segment and I was not doing free motion quilting at the time.  It was stitch stitch stitch and lift the presser foot and turn the quilt and stitch stitch stitch some more.  I quilted a vine and leaves in the border the same way.  Stitch and pivot and I did a double line for the vines and veins.  My quilting has come a long way since then.  The sunroom is the perfect place for this quilt.  --Ann--



1 comment:

Ramona said...

Such a pretty quilt for spring. It's fun to go back and look at what we did years ago. I think about making my very first quilt using cardboard templates. It was when I was first married and that quilt was on our bed for years. Memories!