Tuesday, December 26, 2017

A sweater and socks

I finished my sweater before Christmas and again love the way the pattern fits third time is still the charm and will probably make the pattern again someday in another color. And then guess what I did? started more socks!  I've knit with this spool yarn before only it was on an actual cardboard spool with sides. The first time I bought this type of yarn the lady in the store suggested separating the two strands by winding it into separate balls.  That sounded messy with the yarn twisting and then winding one ball then winding the second.  The yarn was on a spool so stick a knitting needle through the cardboard or in this case insert a cardboard spool and then a stick and let it unwind by rolling.  No tangled mess.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  We sure did and everyone has gone home.   Lots of food laughter and love.  --Ann--


5 comments:

Sheila said...

Merry Christmas,
Love your blue sweater. What is the name of the pattern you are using.
Very flattering on you

Sharm said...

I've wandered over here - doing that blog hoping one does from time to time and I love that yarn you have there that you are making socks with! I enjoy yarn so may be back for another visit to see how they turn out. Hugs from Australia

Ramona said...

Beautiful sweater, Ann. So, the spool has two separate skeins on it? You’re knitting both socks from one spool or do you use the two different ends. I’ve never seen that before. Love the colors!

Sharon said...

The sweater is beautiful and the fit is very good. Thanks for sharing.

Judy S. said...

Nice work on the sweater! It's beautiful. Love the socks, too.