Monday, December 4, 2017

adding the courthouse steps

It was a busy week last week.  Christmas decorations came out in spite of the unseasonably warm weather.  Sometimes you just have to enjoy the weather and go for a long walk because one of these days it will be cold and windy and probably snowy like later today and the rest of December.  I sewed a few courthouse steps to go between the tri rec stars.  I'm not a matchy matchy quilter so the dark strips will be a combination of green and red strips and if they happen to fall beside a red or green background star so be it.  I thought I would go with dark on three sides for the outside round of blocks for the impression of a border.   This week I should mix up cookies and sew a few more blocks.  Don't forget to enjoy the Christmas season.  --Ann--  Linking to Em's Scrapbag

5 comments:

Ramona said...

The courthouse steps look great with the star blocks. I agree with you... the fabrics sometimes have to just stay where they land. Too much fussing can drive me crazy.

time4stitchn said...

This setting is always so appealing to me. I love how it makes the stars pop, and at the same time has the courthouse steps to accentuate them. Your colors are great, too.

cityquilter grace said...

i love love love this.....so christmas-y rustic....

Marie said...

Such a wonderful Christmas quilt. I'm not a matchy matchy quilter either so I'm drawn to the mix of fabrics so much. Just love it.

em's scrapbag said...

Like your stars and courthouse steps. This is going to be a wonderful quilt.