Sunday, December 31, 2017

Ta da da done and milestone

 I am finishing the year with a finish and its a milestone and monumental in my little world.  This makes quilt # 300 in 30 years of quilting!!!  I took my first quilting class in 1987 and can't quit because there is too much fabric in the stash.  A few years ago I decided to only work from the fabrics on hand in my closet and what fun I have been having.  I only buy fabric now if I need something to finish a project.  It seems I have hardly put a dent in the stacks of fabric but I'm going to persevere.
Goals for the new year.........continue to work from the stash,  have lunch with the girls more frequently, eat less grain products and more vegetables,  and find the humor in everyday.
Happy New Year!!  --Ann--



3 comments:

Ramona said...

Oh Ann, this quilt is just beautiful! So peaceful and calming. My goal is to work from my stash, too, starting with all of the quilts I've purchased fabric to make. Happy New Year!

Lori said...

Congratulations on your milestone! Looking forward to seeing another 30 years of quilts!

Judy S. said...

300 quilts, WOW! And this one is another beauty. Happy New Year, Ann!