Thursday, December 28, 2017

machine quilting




Some much needed time in the sewing room after what seems like weeks.  Before I could sew I had to clear the surfaces.  I put this quilt on the design wall to study and let the wrinkles fall out but first I had to remove all the stray threads from the design wall, it was thick with threads from the last 2 quilt tops.  I think lint rollers are the best invention for threads, 4 roller sheets later the wall is clean.  I didn't really want to pick all those threads off the back of the quilt but the lint roller would have done the trick.  Its nice to start the new year with a clean design wall.  I'm just doing my favorite meandering feather and concentric teardrop free motion design.
A little light snow today!  Its warm enough to snow! --Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

I agree with your comments on lint rollers. I should wear an apron when I sew to keep my clothes clean, but the lint roller works well here, too. Beautiful quilt! Your quilting really finishes it off.

Judy S. said...

I've got a pile to sort through, too! If only I could do several things at once!