Friday, June 7, 2019

Just another week


A week of very little that was blog worthy, but the sky did turn blue again the winds shifted directions and the sun warmed things up considerably ITS SUMMER HERE!  I've put away the wool socks! I went for a walk in the evening the lilacs are late blooming but the heat bring out their scent..........its heavenly and the iris are blooming I need to go to McCrory Gardens for a look and take my camera.  Hubby got ready to go fishing for a week, he had clothes to wash and pack, jigs to gather, reels to respool and lots of other things to do so I just stayed out of his way and when he left it was catch up time for me.  Clothes to wash, spa day for sweaters, lists of projects for the week and such.
It was also son's birthday so I took him out for supper then gave him his new socks so fresh off the needles I forgot to take a picture oops. He asked if I could fix a hole in these felted slippers that I knit him a few years ago this picture is before felting.  When I looked at them and picked at the hole a little it got bigger.  I'll have to knit him a whole new pair. oh darn! I'm thrilled he has been wearing them  the last couple winters.  Then I gave him another pair of slippers, a different pattern that I tried and felted and put away.  He said he likes the slippers on the right best because they slip on.  I guess that's what slippers are supposed to do, slip on and off.

Then I gave him half a loaf of fresh bread because I don't need to eat it all and a jar of  raspberry freezer jam.  He said the day just keeps getting better and better.
--Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Your iris are gorgeous! Enjoy your week alone. It's amazing how much I can get done when I'm alone. It's also wonderful when our children appreciate the fruits of our labor. :)

cityquilter grace said...

lovely homemade gifts....yes another week has flown by again!!!!