Monday, June 24, 2019

The Colors of Early Summer

Another quilt out of the cupboard and on the wall for summer.  I love pastels did you know that about me?  I love working with pastels, brights are fun, plaids are cozy, earthy colors are comforting,  RWB are patriotic, but pastels just make me sigh......long sigh.....they do that to me in the store when I'm choosing them and when the lady is cutting them and when I take them out of the bag, why............ because they are the colors of so many of my favorite flowers and my favorite flowers are usually what is blooming at the time.  The pattern was in a book Mullbery Lane by Teri Christopherson published in 2000,  so this is another quilt that is close to 20 years old.  Its just half square triangles I had enough fabric for a wide border so I added the appliqué.   --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

It's a beauty, Ann. I can see why this makes you sigh. Love your appliqued border.