Tuesday, June 25, 2019

knitting on the road

A couple road trips in the last 2 weeks.  Hubby drove the last one so I got to knit a good 4 hours each way.  I started these socks as we left town and knit as far as the pin when we got to our destination.  This skein was one of those "fade" yarns I didn't know before I wound it how long the color changes were so they will look like two completely different socks and it may be a couple more inches of knitting before I see the color change.  I'm doing a seed stitch of k1, p1 two rows then p1, k1 two rows and a little bump in the road and I did a couple 3 row repeats.  They are socks and the reciepient probably won't be able to tell once they are on her feet.  On the way home I knit from the pin to just beginning the gusset.  I'm going to set them aside until the next road trip.  --Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Beautiful yarn. My niece never wears matching socks, so she would love these. :) I think they look cool in the different colors. Thanks for you comment on my blog!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

These are beautiful; such a productive use of seat time. I have been doing some hand embroidery on a recent car trip myself.