Monday, March 30, 2020

a finish

 I finished this pair of socks with the Wool and the Gang Yarn specially dyed so the splotches of color would clump together meant to be knit cuff down.  I knit them toe up and made some changes to be able to knit them toe up.  This is how they worked out, I was right on with the stitch gauge.  They are done.

Progress on reknitting pullover for hubby,  I got the extra yarn over the weekend.  Can you tell where the new yarn starts?  The color is ever so slightly different I was just glad they still had the same color.  He won't notice unless I point it out to him, which I won't.  The lumpy texture of the kinky previously knit yarn will disappear when its blocked.
We changed the routine over the weekend,  we went for a drive one afternoon to see how little snow was left and to see how wide the Big Sioux River is and getting wider.  Also drove up to the lake  still covered with ice.  We will go for a drive again in a few day.  Sunday night we played Bingo and a word game on out phones with nieces, daughter and friends. That was fun.  But my ears hurt because some people who talk on their cell phones a lot always talk really loud and rather than taking turns to be heard they talk louder.  I will stick ear plugs in the next time we play.  Hope you are staying home.  Its a good place to be.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

There's no place like home! I am in awe of your knitting skills; always so pretty and warm and comfy-looking. :)