Thursday, March 19, 2020

stocking cap


I finished this stocking cap just in time for the last snow of winter.  The yarn is Cascade Heritage Wave held double. In the skein the yarn looked very yellow but knitting with two yarns held together it turned gray.
I knit a cap for DD from the same yarn in orange with a bright orange pompom and forgot to take a picture of it.  I liked the yarn so much I knit myself one and I wanted an alpaca pompom.  It is so incredibly soft and what a deal that you attach with a snap so the cap can be easily washed.  I finished it last night and snow is in our forecast I thought it was coming yesterday but...... later this afternoon then a polar vortex is supposed to come through with single digit temps.  I'll get to wear my cap when I go for my walk.  Warm woolens make the exended winter tolerable.
Maybe next week will be spring.
--Ann--



1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

adorable but what's snow? we haven't had any all winter...