Saturday, April 7, 2018

sweater finish

Here we are in the first week of April and I should be giving my wool sweaters their favorite spa day instead of still wearing them.  You know the long soak in the tub then a spin in the washer to get all the water out then a relaxing afternoon basking in the sun on the patio before I carefully fold each one and wrap it in cotton before placing them on the shelf until next fall.  Winter is hanging on forever here, we comfort ourselves after the March snows by saying "it won't last long" but last Mondays snow is still here and more is in the forecast and the temps have been in the teens! Oh well its great weather for knitting.
I finished my sweater.  I love the feel of the viscose  and linen yarn and after blocking it was smooth and shiny and drapes so nice.  I wasn't sure I was going to like it as I was knitting because it was a little stiff and looked coarse not really like burlap but along that line.  I might just knit this sweater again.  Hope you are staying warm.  --Ann--

4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Very nice, and I love the color and pattern. It's pretty mild here but raining. Stay warm!

cityquilter grace said...

beautiful..i envy people who knit so beautifully...when you mentioned winter hanging on, it could have been from here in maryland...it is still far to chilly for this time of year and people are sick of it...lol...so plenty of people in same boat it seems...

Beth said...

Beautiful sweater.

Sharon said...

Another beautiful sweater