Monday, April 9, 2018

February 68th

It snowed ALL day yesterday so today looks and feels like February 68th.  Another 5 - 8 inches of snow!  Its hard to tell how much there really is when it comes sideways.  It was a great day to knit and read and cut quilt strips and knit some more as the snow blew.  I have knit this pattern  once, twice and love the way it fits. I'm knitting this with leftover sock yarn and some lace weight, 1) the blue / black from Scotland, 2) cream from Iceland and 3) dark red was just in the stash.  Holding the lace weight with an odd bit of sock yarn softens the color changes and I have 3 back up balls that I am adding to the mix.  I knit until I use up a ball and add another or knit for a while with a big ball and change the lace yarns as I go.  Keeping busy on a snow day.  --Ann--




3 comments:

Ramona said...

It was snowing here in Virginia this morning, too, but the ground is too warm for it to stick, thank goodness! Your sweater is going to be gorgeous. I love all of the bits you are using to make it. Hopefully spring will arrive soon, although, here we will probably go from 30's to 90's in a week.

Judy S. said...

Our daughter's email said it was snowing near Chicago also. I just read where someone has called this season sprinter, but I like your February 68 title as well. Stay warm and enjoy working on that pretty shawl!

Judy S. said...

Oops, I see, it's going to be a sweater! Whatever, enjoy.