Wednesday, August 22, 2018

a little shopping


 Wherever I go I'm always on the look out for fabric and yarn shops.  This one had both!  Fortunately I took a picture of their poster so I could show it to someone and they could direct me to the shop.  They had Bernina sewing machines in Switzerland and well they should since they are made in Switzerland.  They also had yarn in the same shop and yarn doesn't weigh a lot it can also be put in a zipper bag and sat on to squish all the air out so it doesn't take up much space in the suitcase.



Purchase from this store and another  and some double point needles too.





 Our tour guide pointed out a store that was handmade items.  It turned out to be a shop that sold fabric and made traditional Bavarian costumes to get all decked out like the von Trapp Family Singers.  Beautiful fabrics and workmanship, but I didn't order a custom fit Dirndl.
And a window display showing how they made chocolates.

1 comment:

Ramona said...

I want to just touch all of the yarn and fabrics. I look for fabric and yarn shops while shopping,too. So far, I've been to quilt shops in 25 states and several countries. My goal is to visit one in all 50 states! Half way there. :)