Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The alps

 Hubby and I took a trip to the Alps celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.
What can I say about the Alps other than that they are gorgeous!!!!
Steep! with glaciers and snow and old towns and villages and castles.


Hotel and lake across the street at Lucerne Switzerland.  The water was clear and very blue.


Chapel Bridge in the old town


No matter what I do I can't get these two pictures side by side.  We took the cog rail up Mount Pilatus and the tram down.  It went up at a 48% grade.  Thats steep.
That zig zag is a hiking trail


 The alpine wildflowers manage to take root in the side of the mountain



1 comment:

Ramona said...

Oh how wonderful! Happy 40th Anniversary! We are looking at taking a trip to Switzerland next year. Your photos are beautiful and make me want to go even more.