Monday, August 13, 2018

today is the day..............


Today is the day that I write a blog post again.............. when bloggers I follow disappear for a few weeks I wonder what is going on in their life to make them take a break from blogging.  Are they on vacation? are they in the hospital? or someone they love?  I miss them when they are gone for a while.  I hope someone missed me.  I wrote 2 weeks worth of post while we were  on a trip.  Post and pics of that in the next few days.  Then I needed a week to get over the jet lag then I needed to start something blog worthy then I got on a roll for starting things.
I started a baby quilt one of three I need to make this fall.  I was deciding on fabric for each round and having trouble keeping my left and right angles correct.  They should all be like a log cabin construction.  Being right and left challenged my log cabin corners are not all correct.  No baby is going to cry over that but it will make a difference when I start the next set of diamonds. So I'm taking a break from this and starting another............
Equilateral triangles but I can only get 10 triangles from each strip set so I am thinking outside the box, which will probably be the name of this quilt, as to how to arrange these triangles. There are 5 matching triangles I need six for a complete hex. There may be winding paths across this quilt and some little boy with have a roadway with rivers for his little trucks and cars.
Think a while and cut strips for Christmas tree skirts.  Sometimes I just need to do some power sewing to get into the quilt routine again.  Anyway I'm back  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Where did you go that gave you jet lag? I’m glad your back and making beautiful things. Love the beginnings of your two quilts.