Thursday, August 30, 2018

Fun Day

The days at son's house were relaxing, I read and knit and stitched then I needed a day with the girls. I met some quilt friends at the Quilter's Corner quilt shop in Faulkton which is about halfway between where they live at Pierre and where I was.  It happened to be the day the Aberdeen guild planned a road trip tomorrows story. While we were browsing around the store Lori the owner points out a collection of fabric by a gal with a South Dakota connection, Pierre to be precise because my 3 friends were from Pierre.  Then she tells us her name and our eyes pop and our jaws drop.  Missie Carpenter was in our little group of quilters from 15-20 years ago.  Then she moved away and moved again and so did I and we lost track of her.  So we bought more fabric.  --Ann-

2 comments:

Ramona said...

How exciting to find fabric designed by someone you know! Glad you had a nice visit with your son.

Judy S. said...

Sounds like a fun getaway!