Wednesday, February 27, 2019

NYC Fashion District













We spent one morning in the Fashion District and walked the Walk of Fame.  All these designers go back to my days of sewing garments.  The one store we went into had rolls and rolls of fabrics, wools, silks and more silks and everything else.  I bought some lining fabric for a jacket that has been on my to do list for years, now to find a new pattern that is in style.  Most of the other fabric store we walked past were costume and evening wear glitzy fabrics.  Then there were shops that were just buttons and trims. Almost made me want to sew garments again. Darling daughter was using an app on her phone to navigate us around New York but could she direct us to the quilt shop or the yarn shop??? Nope didn't happen!  I didn't really need more for the stashes anyway.  --Ann--



1 comment:

Ramona said...

I missed this post yesterday! A number of years ago I was in NYC with my daughters and we walked all the way to the quilt shop... miles away from where we were... only to find it closed! The website said it would be open, but it wasn't. Didn't make it back. The button shop would be fun!