Monday, February 4, 2019

HST progress


Those days last week when it was so cold I sewed half square triangles.  And it really was cold here -27 F.  And the furnace quit so it was 52 F in the house when we woke up Wednesday morning.  It was three times colder outside!  Fortunately we have a couple space heaters and double fortunate the electricity was not out.  Apparently the natural gas line froze but when the sun hit the meter and warmed it just enough that the furnace kicked in.  I put my leggings on under my baggy jeans with a turtle neck and my favorite alpaca wool sweater and a cup of hot coffee in my hands.   Hubby made several calls to heating and electric guys and the natural gas guys and they did come over and check the furnace and the gas meter.    Over the weekend it warmed up to 37F heat wave the streets were slushy and I even went for a walk.  All is well and its only -4 F here today.  --Ann--

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Gosh, and we are all whining today about the snow overnight and temps in the twenties. (It is impossible to get down our hills safely though.) Love that quilt. Those half square triangles are impressive.

Ramona said...

Another fun quilt coming from your house! I can’t even imagine-27! I sure hope your heat stays on for you!