Friday, June 8, 2012

scissors





 Hubby dearest ventured into my sewing room on a weekend too windy or rainy for him to fish just to see what I was doing and commented on how many scissors I have. He always has to pick them up and snip snip just to get a rise out of me. I am very protective of my scissors.  He should be glad otherwise he would be buying me a new pair of really good scissors every 2 or 3 years, probably without his knowledge.  I have craft scissors in the jar and sewing scissors in the mug and at various work stations in my sewing room.
 The black handle scissors at 2:00 were my first very own sewing scissors that I got when I was 11 or 12 years old; they were a 4-H clothing project award. They served me well but are now relegated to the craft jar.  He wanted to take my spring loaded clippers at 11:00 for cutting the gills of the fish.  He said he would give them back after the fishing trip fortunately they are a little short for his purpose.
 I have project scissors for hand quilting, applique, needlepoint, and cross stitch, I'm sure there are some tucked away in long forgotten project bags.
Then there are craft and kitchen scissors, the scissors on the bottom will cut through bone.  Hubby dearest only saw a fraction of my scissors and that is probably best. I should look for a larger spring loaded scissors for Father's Day. For every scissors there is a purpose.
How many times did I type the word scissors?   Ann

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I love your clock...giggle! Your scissors are superb! I don't have as many as you do, but I do cherish what I have and no one uses them but me!

Rose said...

I will never feel guilty again about the scissors I buy...no, I have never felt guilty anyway. My husband has all kinds of screwdrivers, why should I skimp on scissors?