Friday, January 18, 2013

on the needles

I just love the way this opal yarn is striping. Will I have them done by next weekend when we go to Mankato to visit college girl and take in some hockey? I have turned the heel and am working on the leg. I think she will love them.

 I finished the scarf with the pattern in sequence. I learned 1. place chart on the arm of the chair, 2. hold up knitting and look for last trio of yarn overs, 3. compare to chart, 4. begin knitting. 5. don't try to remember where I left off that's where mistakes start. As I was picking hairs and lint off the hood of this jacket because we all know how obvious lint becomes after the picture is taken............anyway there was a hard spot that was stuck together in the hood......here's a gummy bear firmly nestled in my hood. The wee beastie has probably been there since the last time we went to a high school basketball game last winter and someone with a mouthful of gummy bears  sneezed behind me. Have a look at what in on the needles at Judy's. Hoping you are cozy warm in hand knits and staying healthy.--Ann--

7 comments:

Maggie said...

I put tape or post its on charts because I can never remember where I am even when I just finished a row 3 seconds ago.

Mary said...

I try to lay my ruler on the line I'm working on but I usually bump it. Love the socks.

Granny said...

Your gummy bear is funny but kinda gross! :) Your socks are so nice and that Opal yarn looks so warm. I'm going back on your blog to see if I can find your scarf pattern. I love it.

Judy S. said...

Love those socks! Pretty scarf, too. Watch those gummy bears; they pop up in the strangest places.

Judy D in AZ said...

Opal is fun to make socks with. I never both to try to make the stripes match-more fun the way they just come out.

NurseBrandy said...

Love the socks and the scarf. I plan to learn to knit and need to check out that opal yarn!

BLM :)

Michele said...

Lovely projects! Those high school games can get messy!!