Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Corduroy Series Broken Dishes I





Twenty years ago in 1997 I cut  my corduroy fabrics into 6 1/2 inch squares to make a broken dishes quilt.  The navy and gray cords were leftovers from trousers I sewed for my boys, the lightest pink was a jumper for daughter, one of the grays and the green were pants for me and the floral was intended for a jumper for me that never happened. To me the broken dishes pattern is a random arrangement of half square triangles to others it is 4 half square triangles sewn into a square in a square with no thought as to value or color.  I was random for a while then I grouped some into pinwheels, flying geese and directional rows that twist and turn.  But I only used a little of my fabric in this one so I made another and another.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

I bet this quilt is WARM!! I love your border... the random placement of the two different fabrics. It is a pretty quilt.