Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Stack and Whack Cardinals

 The  last quilt of my pile of basted quilts.  This has been sitting since the beginning of the year because I wasn't sure how I wanted to quilt it.  I pinned the last three quilts to my design wall as I quilted the previous quilt so I could glance at it and think about what would be the best way to quilt each.  This quilt also has the puffy wool batting so I didn't want to crush the loft with too much quilting.  I swung a double arc in each of the pinwheel blades and the rest is simple geometry with arcs from point to point.  The quilting in the background areas suggests ribbons and bows or holly leaves that aren't too prickly.  The setting triangles are arcs like palm leaves and the border is the baptist fan which I marked and after a soak in cold water you wouldn't know that I deviated from the marks more than once.   This one is going on my bed this Christmas or maybe on the wall.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

I love the cardinal fabric in the border. I think I mentioned when you posted this before that I had some of that fabric, too. Now you need to start piecing again so you have more to quilt. :) You have had some beautiful finishes lately!